5 dried Chinese mushrooms
1/2 pound fresh Chinese noodles
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon bean sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine
4 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup reserved mushroom liquid
1 teaspoon chili paste
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 red pepper cutted into cubes
1/2 8 ounce can whole bamboo shoots, cut into cubes
2 cups bean sprouts
1 scallion thinly sliced
how to make:
1. in a bowl of 1 1/4 cup of hot water soak the Chinese mushrooms for 30 minutes, boil 4 quarts of water, cook in the noodles in for 3 minutes. Drain and mix with 1 tablespoon of peanut oil; set aside.
2. Remove the mushrooms; strain and reserve 1/2 cup of the soaking liquid for the sauce, chop the mushrooms and set aside.
3. Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and stir well to dissolve the sugar; set aside.
in 2 tablespoons of cold water, dissolve the cornstarch; set aside.
4. Place the wok over medium−high heat. When it's hot, add
3 tablespoons of peanut oil, then the mushrooms, red
pepper, bamboo shoots, and bean sprouts, fry for 2 minutes.
5.add the sauce to the wok, fry until the mixture begins to boil.
6. add the dissolved cornstarch, stir about a minutre or until
the sauce thickens Add the noodles and mix until about 2 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving plat and sprinkle with the sliced scallion.